Friday, January 2, 2009

It's friday.....the last week day of Christmas break. The kids and I go back to school on monday. I teach preschool so I'm not going back as a student but going back to school just the same. Charlie took today off work and he and the kids went shopping for a few hours. Not my kind of shopping, they were going to a farm supply store. The kids wanted to go and I wanted a couple of quiet hours so it worked out perfectly.



This is Andrew before they left. He was playing video games in his room. His room is a disaster. Guess what he will be doing when he gets home? That room has got to be organized a little before he gets back to school.






This is Hailey. While Andrew likes video games Hailey likes to write. She was sitting on the couch writing down some thoughts and I thought she looked adorable. How do you like that scar on her arm? Two weeks ago she was out in the barn helping the guys cut some deer meat to make jerky. She wasn't doing any cutting but held the knife while our friend was working on the meat and she lost her balance and fell on the very, sharp knife. It was a pretty deep cut and given that her arms are like toothpicks it seemed to go nearly all the way around. At the ER they said she cut through every layer of tissue to the muscle but didn't touch the muscle or anything important. It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. She got 8 stitches but should have had more, when the stitches came out the top of the cut pulled open a little. That is where it was the deepest. We were told more stitches closer together would have probably been better. It bled just a little for a couple days after the stitches came out but is now healing nicely. She is very much a tomboy and never complained a bit about it. She didn't even think she should go to the hospital after being cut. She said it didn't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Ok OW! Her arm :( I hope it didn't hurt too bad! Great photos though ;P

    ReplyDelete